On behalf of our client whom are a niche specialty property and casualty insurance company with nearly 6,000 employees worldwide. They have grown to become an industry-leading insurance provider. Oliver James are recruiting for a FP&A Analyst to join the expanding team in London. The client has been defined by a spirit of entrepreneurialism and innovation from its onset.
The FP&A Analyst role sits within the International FP&A team, in the wider Finance Department. The role's primary focus being on;
- Annual Business Plan and Quarterly Forecast processes for AmTrust International;
- Delivery of Forecast and Scenario outputs / analyses to key stakeholders to drive business decisions.
- Support the end-to-end annual business plan and quarterly forecasting process, including development of robust process documentation and control, timetabling and management (upstream, downstream) of key stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the International Financial Forecast Model and related processes to ensure inputs are accurate and relevant, production of consistent, timely and reliable financial forecasts (and related scenarios as required) for capital management, ultimate Board and Regulatory requirements;
- Develop and oversee processes to ensure that data captured will enable a detailed analysis of the business drivers associated with the business unit, products, markets covered to meet the requirements as stated above;
- Responsibility for ensuring all assumptions and outputs are documented for review and internal controls purposes;
- Driving a step change in improving the automation and accuracy of the above processes, within Excel or ultimately in source systems where appropriate;
- Support the production of regular management reports, Board reports and associated analysis as part of the FP&A processes;
- Support the delivery of wider Finance initiatives and ad hoc project work as required.
- Professional Membership
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent;
- Degrees / Masters / Key Skills
- 2+ years' post qualified experience in insurance rvices;
- Understanding of insurance and underwriting result drivers;
- The ability to navigate vast quantities of complex data, with control and to distil into information relevant for key stakeholder decisions;
- Excellent business modelling and analytical skills;
- Strong Excel and data manipulation skills (using VBA or otherwise desirable), with experience of working with complex financial models.
- Relevant previous work experience (not specified by no. of years)
- Business planning / forecast roles, in FP&A or similar;
- Working with complex financial models;
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills;
- Roles strong on process and control;
- Experience in, or working with, capital and / or reserving teams.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organization.