Director of Technology Operations - Digital Transformation
Undertaking a modernisation programme transforming a traditional, largely manual IT department to a modern, highly automated, digital-first engineering function.
Experience of large-scale transformation is essential for this role. The ability to transform a traditional "on-prem" high-touch service management team to a highly-automated, secure, cloud-first function will be key.
This role also owns our IT Security agenda which is based around a significant three-year programme of work. The role will also need to work with the Tech Ops leadership team, to help transform them into a high-performing team setup to thrive in a digital first business.
The post manages an in-house team of circa 100 people with an Operational Budget of circa £20m pa. You will ensure technology services are designed, planned, implemented and improved in line with both current and future business needs.
Key Skills / Knowledge:
- Leadership - provide leadership, management and vision to entire team. Provide employee coachign, mentoring, deelopment and team building. Help improve processes.
- Stakeholder Management -
- IT Management - Technology management skills to take responsibility for the design, procurement, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components and monitor their performance
- IT Estate Management
- Supplier Management
- Financial Management for IT
- Financially literate and able to confidently operate a £15m budget
- Proven experience managing large complex, IT estates in mission critical environments
- The jobholder will have initiated and delivered the transformation of a large IT function or infrastructure division. They will have an appetite for change and know the challenges of developing existing talent and building new capabilities
- You must have extensive experience of managing server infrastructure, network services, Unified Communication services, storage and backup services, datacentre services, desktop services, file and print services, mobile services and authentication services
- Experience of infrastructure team management (or extensive team leadership) is essential