A leading specialty life insurer operating across the US, is seeking a Director of Accounting Policy to join their rapidly growing team. This global client is privately held with over $50B in AUM and backed by a fortune 500 private equity company. With their high M&A model, they have become key players in the life insurance space and have a cutting edge investment strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business that is going through transformations, integrations, innovations and acquisitions.
Job Title: Director of Accounting Policy
Report to: VP of Accounting Policy
Location: NYC or Hartford, CT
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares technical accounting memos and pro forma statements for unique M&A transactions
- Research and document new investment transactions
- Implement new Statutory and US GAAP accounting pronouncements
- Develop and maintain company accounting policies
- Lead long-term projects for implementation of significant updates
- Provides advice, training, and direction to others on the team
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 experience highly preferred)
- Experience with both Statutory and US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in insurance, investments and technical accounting research, analysis and documentation
- Building and developing relationships with different departments
- CPA or parts passed preferred.
Salary: $110K - $180K base + 20% bonus
Be an integral part of this growing team!