Job Opportunity: Actuary - Modeling/ Financial Reporting
If interested please reach out at: email@example.com or 917-254-4647.
What You'll Do
We're looking for an Actuary to join our cross-functional Integrated Finance Solutions team. In this role, you'll work on a variety of projects across the organization! You'll lead the centralized Enterprise Model Team and be responsible for the creation and management of production valuation processes in MG-ALFA and Integrate. You'll build strong partnerships with the stakeholders of the enterprise model and be the voice of the internal customers, focusing on delivering value to the customer. You'll guide the team by turning objectives into deliverables and prioritize development efforts based on Business Value.
- Owns prioritization decisions in partnership with technology and business leaders.
- Builds long-standing relationship with internal customers. Understand, appreciate, and empathize with their objectives, priorities, issues and what drives value for them.
- Makes Go/No-Go decisions - provide acceptance that the work is complete and/or good enough to move into the production environment. Get the final say on definition of 'done'.
- Develop a strong relationship with external vendors and an understanding of MG-ALFA and Integrate.
- Provide talent leadership by developing, mentoring and motivating staff through selection, training, performance review, salary administration and development plans.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- A Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, or global equivalent, or Enrolled Actuary plus 8+ years actuarial experience required.
- Working knowledge of MG-ALFA or other actuarial modeling platforms.
- Strong analytical and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to embrace and understand the change process, and effectively guides others through change.
Skills That Will Help You Stand Out
- Knowledge of Individual Life Insurance and/or Annuities, and spreadsheets, technical skills, or the ability to learn, is preferred.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range (Non-Exempt expressed as hourly; Exempt expressed as yearly) $137000 - $207000 / year.
Operating at the intersection of financial services and technology, we build financial tools that help our customers live better lives. We take pride in being a purpose-led firm, motivated by our mission to make financial security accessible to all. Our mission, integrity, and customer focus have made us a trusted leader!
We value connecting on both a personal and professional level. Together, we're imagining a more purpose-led future for financial services - and that starts with you. Our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees. And we support our employees the same way we support our customers: with comprehensive, competitive benefit offerings crafted to protect their physical, financial, and social well-being.
This role offers in-office, hybrid (blending at least three office days in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements (only if residing more than 30 miles from Des Moines, IA, or Charlotte, NC). You'll work with your leader to figure out which option may align best based on several factors.
We'll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills. Note: The qualifications listed above in relation to the Actuary level.
At this time, we're not considering applicants that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States. This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.