Director (lead) of Software Engineering
Hybrid *3 days a month in the office
2 rounds of interviews
Great benefits/bonus structure.
160k+401k match of 8-10%, 30% bonus on top of that along with PTO/Healthcare
As a hands-on director of software engineer, your primary role will be building, testing and engineering applications that run as services (REST APIs) and run business capabilities at scale (batch with Spark and Spring Boot) on our Planning & Advice Platform. You will lead in defining and implementing class leading engineering solutions for our technology products; demonstrating engineering excellence to the rest of the team. You are encouraged to quickly gain an understanding of all the components of our platform contributing to strategic roadmaps and initiatives.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands on software developer passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who's eager to learn and mentor every day.
- Experience being a technology change agent
- Extensive experience in a micro-service architecture solutioning for scalability, availability, intelligent monitoring, performance, and how to design proactively to avoid them.
- Experience with batch technologies such as Spark and Spring Boot as well as eventing and streaming
- Skilled in all aspects of software development lifecycle including API design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Hands on experience designing, building and supporting high transaction applications in production. Deep experience with common issues related to scalability, availability, intelligent monitoring, performance.
- Ability to work with others, helping prioritize the work based on strategic nature, importance, and impact.
- Work with an agile team leading the development of extensible and scalable services supporting the product owner's product roadmap
- Ensure existing engineering practices are followed and helping set new ones when needed.
- Lead the identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of complex problems within the production and nonproduction environment.
- Ensure a robust code review process is in place and followed consistently.
- Proactively lead process and technology improvement initiatives.