One of our clients is currently looking for an experienced Postres DBA, who will lead their Regional DBA efforts within an exciting Digital/Web/Mobile App project.
We are looking for a primary technologist, to take the lead in database and middleware technology design, configuration, troubleshooting and reporting. We are looking not only for an experienced technologist but also an effective communicator: you should be able to engage with stakeholders in both Regional Office, local entities, and multiple vendors effectively; communicate complex issues and opportunities in clear and simple terms to Business.
- Hybrid work arrangement
- Work schedule: 9 am to 6 pm - minimal OT AND no work over the weekend.
- 6+ years of relevant technology work experience within an International MNC
- Must have a strong knowledge in PostgreSQL (Postres) and desirably in Oracle
- Strong database infrastructure administration experience
- Working knowledge of different cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL service and able to provide disaster recovery solutions
- Perform day to day database system administration &security maintenance
- Create, review, and maintain code in the database systems to optimize, standardize and/or prepare for upgrades.
- Upgrade, configure and maintain server and database monitoring software to baseline system performance and proactively identify potential issues.
- Resource monitoring and capacity planning.
- Review, test, update, and document detailed disaster recovery/business continuity plans for key production SQL Servers (database mirroring, log shipping, replication, clustering).
- Working with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces
- Building frameworks for software and application deployment
- Building platform environments to support auto-scaling for the business in the future
- Liaising closely with both development and operational teams
- Conducting analyses, and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support development