Oliver James have partnered with a leading London market insurance business that are looking to hire a contract database analyst to join the reinsurance team.
- Start: ASAP - June
- Inside IR35
- Hybrid working, City based
- 9 months contract
- Have a general understanding of Insurance/Reinsurance, including an understanding of the different types of reinsurance (QS, XOL, FAC) and what it means to have inuring reinsurance
- Sound excel capability. A general understanding of SQL and/or Access is a plus, as it would aid communication between the Analyst and SQL programmer working on the model.
- Be able to convert the excel assumptions for old models into the format for the new model.
- Compare the output of the current model to the final output to determine what is missing from the main model.
- Run new model and compare outputs to old model. Investigate differences and devise a solution as to how correct differences.
- Review the QS outputs of specific excel models and determine how we can get the same results out of the SQL based QS model.
- Obtain detail from static XOL adjustments to arrive at reasonable assumptions/allocations
- Understand recovery calculations not performed within the current model and devise a solution as to how to get them into the SQL based QS model.
You live and have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
If you are interested please apply below.