The position will be 90% remotely done.
Long term contract
As part of the Data Management Squad you will be driving a project that aims to start a "technical data management service" in order to secure our technical data and make sure it remains managed over time. Technical data refers to all structured and unstructured data that is consumed or produced by our IT assets to operate correctly. Technical data that is consumed are for instance: Configuration files, routing tables, user list, and more. Technical data that is produced are for instance: log files and audit trails.
The project will:
* Set up the governance by identifying the key service roles (RACI) including the ownership.
* Set up the approach to identify the technical data assets present at the client
* Build the inventory
* Document the lineage (upstream and downstream dependencies) for each technical data asset. Coined as "Cartography".
* Produce a classification standard, based on the lineage, to ensure a consistent classification of the technical data assets.
* Assess the conformity with the mandatory control objectives.
* Initiate (prepare and execute) a plan for the remediation of the gaps.
The prioritization of the activities will be based on the critical technical data used by the critical IT asset first. The regulated IT assets will be first in line.
The value expected of that project is to reduce the risk that unexpected events affect our critical technical assets due to a lack of technical data inventory and classification to an acceptable level.
Attention will be brought to regularly align with IT and DMO to re-use existing work, and concepts, whenever possible.
- Define the maturity objective to be reached, and the intermediate steps to realistically get there,
- Define, document and implement the governance of technical data management.
- Organize and enforce the annual re-certification of the inventory, the maintenance of the inter-dependencies, of the control gap measurement.
- Engage with Enterprise Architecture & Security Analysts to integrate key technical data management principles and accordingly to the cartography and classification results. Rationalisation of the data storage strategies possibly comes as a collateral benefit.
- Build and maintain an inventory of the technical data sources and their inter dependencies, at the level of "data containers" or "data sources",
Assurance and remediation
- Identify the needed controls fromthe SCF, basedonourmaturityobjective, and formalise them as "baseline controls for critical data".
- Transpose the baseline controls' objective description into technically enforceable & automatable controls.
- Measure the gap between expected and enforced controls for the critical technical data elements,
- Re mediate the gap with the active assistance of the technical data asset owners.
Don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information