Data Engineer | Global Insurance Firm | London
My client is a Global insurance firm based in London and they are on the market looking for a Data Engineer to sit within their Data Engineer team and be a technical SME for their Core Data Platform.
- Support and provide technical expertise across core data production services ensuring that business needs are meet effectively within risk and performance parameters.
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose technical and data issues when incidents occur or as highlighted by users.
- Collaborate with the other IT Operational teams and Data Development team for solution hand-over to production.
- Work with the Systems, Application and Testing teams to facitilate data system upgrades
- Improve upon processes, controls and procedures that add value to the team and company with respect to data quality, data security, robustness, best-practice, reliability, performance, scalability, company strategy and team efficiency.
- Provide remediation of vulnerabilities, working closely with the Security Team to ensure the Data Engineering team are complying with the IT Security Policy and meeting Risk and Audit requirements.
- Strong SQL programming and DBA skills on database technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL.
- Experience of ETL tools such as ADF, IBM DataManager, MS SSIS, IBM DataStage.
- Experience of reports using tools such as Cognos BI, MS Power BI.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse methodologies and practices and reading logical and physical data modelling diagrams.
- Experience of using data and meta data comparison tools such as Excel vlookups, pivots, Beyond Compare.
- Experience in Unix or Linux operating system
- Good business knowledge of fixed income products (bonds and swaps)
- Azure cloud technologies e.g. sql, logging, integration patterns elastic query
- ITIL practices
- Experience in the insurance, pension or finance industry.