We are currently partnered with a top NYC private equity firm (15b aum) seeking a Controller.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Head Controller, this individual will be a key member of the financial reporting and operations team and will have responsibility for assisting with the management of the firm's fund accounting operations.
The successful candidate has a strong understanding of fund accounting principles. They will have experience working with service providers, bring a critical eye to internal analyses and have a compassionate management style.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Working closely with our third-party fund administrator and internal team for all aspects of fund accounting (waterfalls, reconciliations, allocations, etc.);
● Managing fund capital forecasting for Capital Calls and Distributions to investors;
● Working with our tax advisers on tax compliance for fund entities including state and federal K-1s and strategic tax planning for acquisitions and exits;
● Managing the yearly fund audit, including preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes, and managing auditor as necessary;
● Reviewing valuations on a quarterly basis including quality assurance on Level 3 investment valuation models and preparation of materials for Valuation Committee including company and fund-level returns;
● Treasury oversight and management for all funds and transactions.