A prominent leader in the P&C insurance industry is seeking a highly proficient and seasoned Controller to join their finance and accounting team. The Controller will hold a pivotal role within the finance department, overseeing the financial operations, internal controls, and financial reporting for the organization. The ideal candidate will possess a robust background in statutory accounting principles, financial analysis, and managerial expertise, contributing significantly to our strategic objectives while ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and standards.
About the Role:
Each day in this role brings new challenges and opportunities, but as the Controller in the finance department, you will:
- Prepare and present precise and timely financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and various financial reports for management, stakeholders, and regulatory entities.
- Analyze financial performance and trends to identify possibilities for cost optimization and revenue enhancement.
- Provide insightful financial reports and recommendations to senior leadership to aid in strategic decision-making.
- Supervise the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and policies.
- Uphold compliance with relevant insurance industry regulations, financial reporting standards, and tax obligations.
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory authorities during audits and examinations.
- Assess financial risks and implement controls to safeguard the organization's assets, establishing effective internal control procedures to prevent fraud and financial mismanagement.
- Lead and mentor the team, offering guidance and support to enhance performance and professional growth, fostering a positive work environment that encourages collaboration, integrity, and continuous improvement.
- Identify opportunities for process automation and system enhancements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial operations.
- Partner with executive leadership to formulate long-term financial strategies and business objectives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A deep understanding of statutory accounting principles, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance sector.
- An MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience in reinsurance accounting and reporting.