We are looking for an Configuration Manager to join a leading German Insurance Business that is hiring due to continued success over recent years.
This role will sit within their Service Management Operations team, which contains key ITIL Service Management function - Change, Problem, Major Incident, Software & Asset, and IT Service Continuity Management plus a specialised ITSM Tools Team.
Reporting into the Head of Service Management, you will be a first point of contact for IT Configuration Management. Regularly performing data quality audits on the asset and CI records within the CMDB and manage resolutions of inaccurate data/mappings. You'll also regularly take part in data capture & Service Mapping sessions. You will also be responsible for completing all IT Asset & Configuration Management BMC Remedy tasks within the agreed SLA's and OLA's.
- Reviewing, updating and maintain the asset management records, configuration item data and their relationships within the CMDB.
- Ensuring that products and services have data built and updated in the CMDB at the appropriate points throughout the demand to cease process to ensure that project milestones are hit.
- Collect information to analyse and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Maintain understanding of future direction of application system technologies/products and participate in the determination of tactical and strategic upgrades necessary to meet business requirements.
- Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems.
- Analyse and evaluate current or proposed business procedures or problems to define needs.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mindset to ensure that the business remains up-to-date with what is a competitive market.
- Configuration and maintenance of BMC ITSM Remedy Suite, or comparable (ServiceNow, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Configuration Management and the benefit that this provides to service operations.
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of company supported hardware, software, and operating systems to include configuration and connectivity.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of systems and/or applications.
- Experienced in key stakeholder management and excellent ability to communicate technical / non-technical requirements.
You can look forward to helping the business grow and ensuring full utilisation in an integral role within the business. Working within a rewarding business in a fast-paced business in a people centric, forward thinking business.
Due to the nature of this role, you will need to be open to a Hybrid working approach within a commutable distance of Hannover.
If this seems like something of interest, please click apply or email email@example.com for more details.