Our client is a privately-owned Bermuda-based holding company, which, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries in London, Bermuda and Dublin is a global provider of speciality insurance and reinsurance products.
The Company currently writes lines of business including; speciality insurance: aviation & aerospace, energy, marine, property, credit & political risk, and other speciality; reinsurance: property reinsurance, property retrocession, speciality reinsurance, whole account/multi-class.
Reporting to the Head of UK Compliance, the role represents an exciting opportunity to learn about Compliance and become involved in all aspect of Compliance within an insurance company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to, supporting the Compliance team in relation to:
- Clearing financial crime and sanctions screening alerts, on a daily basis.
- Reviewing regulatory and commercial developments and providing updates to the team.
- Dealing with international licensing queries, alerts, renewals and monitoring.
- Undertaking the annual review of policies, procedures and guidance documents.
- Responsibility for maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar.
- Performance of second line Compliance Monitoring activities, such as Gifts and Entertainment monitoring.
- Responding to Broker TOBA requests and answering queries.
- Responsibility for filing TOBAs and maintaining and developing the TOBA database.
- Dealing with routine correspondence, general departmental queries, administrative tasks and monitoring the Compliance Inbox.
- Maintain an awareness and appreciation of team member's day to day activities to support and provide assistance at all times.
- All matters undertaken by the compliance team in supporting the Compliance Plan and Objectives.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Professional approach with a strong desire to learn
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Have the ability to develop awareness and communications at all levels within the company
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Ability to handle a varied workload and competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to work extended hours as required
Preferred skills, knowledge and experience
- Compliance experience in financial services industry.
- Proficiency in Power Point.
- Experience in taking minutes.
Competencies and behaviours
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to support success and timely delivery in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Has personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations.
- Uses 'lessons learned' and 'what works well'.
- A team player with strong interest in the performance of the business as a whole.
- Professionalism and strong personal integrity.
- Excellent package
- Great culture