Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: McLean, VA (Hybrid)
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holder (No C2C)
Our clients' system provides real-time aircraft monitoring spanning never before covered areas of the planet, including remote, oceanic, and polar regions.
- Over 3 years of professional experience in configuration, provisioning, managing, and troubleshooting distributed and containerized environments on Azure.
- Over 3 years of professional experience managing, monitoring, and improving large-scale and highly available cloud-based platforms.
- One or more years of working experience with Docker and Kubernetes (primarily Azure Kubernetes Service) configuration, upgrades, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in building declarative infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code best practices.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and orchestration technologies.
- Proficiency with at least one high-level scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Previous experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools such as Azure Monitor, Prometheus, Grafana, and similar.
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and microservices.
- Working experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Azure services is required.
- Eligible to obtain SF-85P public trust.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Azure Administrator and/or Kubernetes Administrator certification is a plus.
- Possess working experience in DevOps environments and a solid understanding of Site Reliability Engineering best practices.
- A strong understanding of modern cloud-native software development lifecycle and practices.
- Professional experience with creating and keeping standard operational procedures with solid documentation skills, including technical diagrams and written descriptions.
- Preferably possess working experience with standard cybersecurity practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate, and key management.