Job Title: Claims Data Analyst
Context of the mission/Objective(s) of the job:
Our client, a leading Insurance company is seeking a talented data analyst with a business mindset to work in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will apply analytical skills to solve business problems, primarily in the Claims department. The job aims to provide innovative solutions and deliver customer satisfaction. The company values inclusivity, diversity, and professional growth opportunities.
The expected start date for this role is 01/05/2023. The duration of the project is 12 months, but extension is possible, depending on the project evolution.
We are seeking candidates for [Job Position] who are fluent in English, Dutch, and French. A minimum language proficiency level of 2 in speaking, reading, and writing is mandatory for all three languages. Candidates who also have a preferable level of fluency in any of the three languages will be given priority consideration. Please indicate your language proficiency level on your resume or cover letter using the following scale: 1 = Basic, 2 = Good, and 3 = Fluent.
The job location is Brussels Centre. The employee is required to work a minimum of 2 days at the office.
Level of education required:
The candidate must hold a Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business) or a related field with a strong focus on data analysis.
As a Data Analyst in the Claims department, the objective of this job is to work with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into specific analytical requirements. The Data Analyst will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing solutions for data analysis, modelling, and reporting, using both internal and external data sources. The Data Analyst will also be responsible for identifying and communicating insights from data analysis to support decision-making and problem-solving activities. Additionally, the Data Analyst will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve data-related issues, and continuously monitor data quality and accuracy to proactively identify and resolve data discrepancies.
- Work with stakeholders in the Claims department to understand their needs and translate them into specific analytical requirements.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions for data analysis, modelling, and reporting, using both internal and external data sources.
- Identify and communicate insights from data analysis to support decision-making and problem-solving activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve data-related issues.
- Continuously monitor data quality and accuracy, and proactively identify and resolve data discrepancies.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Personal Skills (Soft Skills): Must be a self-starter, work well independently, and in a collaborative team environment
- Solution-driven and pragmatic
- Pro-active and flexible
- Business experience required (work experience)
- Mid-level (2-5 years) of experience in presenting complex data in a clear and concise manner.
- Mid-level (2-5 years) of experience with Non-Life insurance or Claims data is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and communicate business needs and requirements.
- Technical experience required (Hard Skills):
- Mid-level (2-5 years) of experience in data analysis techniques and tools, such as SQL, PBI, R, and Python. (SAS is a plus)
- Mid-level (2-5 years) of experience with statistical modelling, machine learning, and data visualization.
- Functional experience required (Job experience in a particular industry and in a particular function):
- Mid-level (2-5 years) of experience in problem-solving skills.