Oliver James is partnering with a new startup life and annuity insurance business in appointing a CFO.
Our client is backed by a leading Asset Manager that will help in supporting the company for future growth. With one transaction under the belt, the business has approximately $1billion AUM and is actively participating in the M&A space.
This is a key role within the organization, reporting into the President of the company and will be responsible for the build out of the finance function. This is a NYC based role and we are looking for an individual who has a permanent footprint there.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the companies financial accounting process including preparation of financial statements, appropriate footnotes and board reporting.
- Oversight of monthly management reporting, financial planning and analysis.
- Oversight of company strategy from a finance perspective.
- Oversight of capital & liquidity management, including analysis to aid with commercial decision making.
- Working with external vendors in relation to tax related issues.
- Oversight of expense management and allocation framework.
- Due diligence work for mergers and acquisitions including deal integration, project management, and acquisition accounting.
- Actively participating in board meetings including presentation of financial results and strategy.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
Desired skill set
- CPA, MBA or CFA designation strong preferred
- A minimum of 15 years experience working witihin the life and/or annutities industry
- Experience managing a finance function either from a CFO /Financial Controller/HEad of Finance capacity
- Proven experience in financial reporting, FP&A and M&A with life insurance companies
- Ability to work with Senior Stakeholders
- Proven experience in business partnering, project management and thinking on your feet.
For more information about the role or to be considered, please apply using the prompts provided. Alternatively email your information to Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that given the number of applicants, only those candidates with the above credentials will be considered further.
Compensation on offer ranges from $300,000 - 650,000 pending on prior experience.