Business Controller at a global leader in impact investing
Controlling is primarily responsible for management information and all associated (financial) analyses and internal reports. The controlling team is transforming from scorekeeper towards strategic advisor by applying advanced analyses and a forward-looking way of working.
Are you looking for an opportunity to broaden your professional knowledge and improve your skills and capabilities? Then you might be the business controller we are looking for!
You will be part of the Controlling team. The team consists of three business controllers and the head of controlling.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your focus will be on:
- Creating and improving a wide variety of internal models for reporting and analysis as input for presentations, reports and dashboards;
- Gathering, analysing and monitoring information for the three-year planning, annual budgets and rolling forecasts for all our offered funds;
- Improving and supporting internal models for business cases and challenging assumptions which are translated into advice (both solicited and unsolicited) for business stakeholders;
- Participating in projects to further improve our financial reporting and analysis (for example: datawarehousing, Tagetik for budgeting for funds and asset manager);
- Supporting the team in creating and implementing (key) performance indicators to provide steering information for senior and fund management;
- Performing independent assessments on valuation proposals that are used to value fund investments.
- University degree (for example Finance, Economics or Business Administration)
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Exact (Globe, Synergy, Image Capture Client) is not required but considered an advantage
- Good command of English, both written and oral
- Provide added value by recognising and expressing improvement opportunities
- Applicants must be living in the Netherlands and be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Feel personally connected to the mission and goals of the organization
- Strong analytical and abstract thinking skills
- Innovative thinking and a solution-oriented way of working
- Show a proactive and hands-on mentality, used to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Feel attracted to work in an international, ambitious and pioneering environment
- Work well independently whilst being constructive in the team
- Able to work efficiently, structured and accurately and thrive on reaching results
- Pragmatic with good business sense and effective communication on all levels within the organisation
Do you want to be part of an organisation that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
This organization is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. The company currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of the companys deep market sector insights and knowledge combined with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is reflected by an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English.
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands, just 3 minutes walk from the train station.
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- laptop + smartphone to enable flexible working
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days based on a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance.