Job Description: Overall Position Summary/Purpose (Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or the organization)
Provide analytical and decision support services to management in order to manage, oversee and govern the business.
Be responsible for data governance, data lineage and data validations driving a mantra of "one version of the truth" - establish and operate appropriate controls and reconciliations to ensure data integrity.
Specify enhancement and requirements and support the development and maintenance of the data warehouse and reporting tools in conjunction with software and services vendors.
Support the completion of regulatory reporting requirements in all applicable territories.
Oversight and stewardship of all data consumed by the business.
Key Functions/Duties of Position: Describe the overall job responsibilities (including any decision-making authority) for this position.
· Conduct detailed data/business analysis on business processes and requirements, identify requirements for specific use cases, and produce high-quality documentation that is clear, concise, and accessible to business and technical audiences.
· Use data modelling practices to analyze findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
· Use knowledge and understanding of how Risks are placed/processed in the London Market to assist with documenting data requirements and mapping to support business reporting and insights.
· Learn about the business to assist and improve upon the reporting and data collection tools already in place.
· Support the needs of Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Operations and Finance in the analysis of various strategic decisions.
· Develop tools and dashboards to deliver data for all teams across the company.
· Create regular and ad-hoc analyses of large datasets to produce a deeper understanding of the insurance portfolios to management
· Produce various monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
· Communicate between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey requirements and support the organization's needs.
· Support the maintenance and development of the reporting estate, automating processes and delivering high-quality reports using the most appropriate BI tools.
· Staying up to date with the latest analytics and data tools and techniques, and identify how they can be utilized throughout the company.
· Staying up to date with the latest developments in the electronic/ digital placement of risks.
· Potential for travel to other company offices (overseas) as required.
· Additional projects as assigned by Head of Data or CFO
Qualifications: Include necessary skills/experience and core competencies required
· Requires individual who is team oriented, analytical with excellent problem-solving skills, has excellent communication and customer service skills, and prefers working in a cooperative and collaborative environment.
· Requires ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Experience of coding in SQL to build reports from the Data Warehouse through writing complex queries using a wide variety of data (3 years + experience).
· Experience of working with Data Warehouses (Star schema).
· Experience / knowledge of data visualization and dashboard tools e.g. Microsoft Power BI/ SSRS would be beneficial.
· Knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies as well as business process and information flow.
· Knowledge of London Market Insurance lifecycle and business processes in a Technical Business Analyst capacity is a plus.
· Knowledge of PPL/ Whitespace/Xchanging/ ECF would be useful.
· Strong skill set with Microsoft Office suite - in particular Excel, Word. Skill in Visio also useful.
· Motivated and keen to grow with the business and to learn.
· Knowledge of other coding languages (Python/ R) would be useful.
· Knowledge of Solvency II/ Sox reporting would be useful.
· Working knowledge of actuarial and insurance accounting concepts and analysis techniques a plus.
· Property/Casualty Insurance experience a plus.
· Must be fully vaccinated and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. *, unless prohibited by law.
· The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
*Per the CDC, fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks after (1) a second dose in a 2-dose series, or (2) a single-dose vaccine, and this status and definition applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.