My client is a leading bank in Hong Kong.
* Experience of Settlement function and a good understanding of trade life cycle and settlement end-to-end flow for fixed income products.
* Good communication skills in both English and Cantonese.
* Maintain a high level of accuracy and be vigilant when validating the settlement instructions and authorizing payments. The candidate also needs to have high control awareness and be flexible in handling exception in case of system problems. A high degree of judgment is required in handling non-routine/irregular issues. Instant response and quick decisions are perpetually required to meet deadlines. As the global settlement activities stretch across all different settlement systems, the candidate must get himself familiarized with operations of the different systems.
* To cope with the rapidly changing environment, the candidate must keep himself up-to-date for the skill and knowledge of the securities industry and be conversant with the special market practices, rules and regulations in order to comply with and avoid any breaching of the regulations.
* The candidate needs to rigorously enforce dual control in Settlements area and put in place the appropriate level of segregation of duties in processing settlement capability within the authorized limits.
* The candidate needs to ensure all trading activities need to adhere to and comply with the Securities Ordinance as well as the Rules and Regulations of Securities and Futures Commission "SFC".
* The candidate must have a clear understanding of the market regulations and have to ensure that any irregularities are reported to the manager. If necessary, the candidate should further clarify with Compliance before processing, to avoid breaching of the regulations.