* Effectively conducting sanctions alert Investigation activity
* Monitor, manage and review the alert processing for ASP Sanctions CoE to ensure compliance with HSBC's Sanctions Policy and local regulatory requirement; conduct due diligence and investigation and escalate as and when necessary.
* Conduct research with appropriate investigation techniques to support Sanctions activities, including research utilizing bank systems, intranet, Internet and external vendor solutions, as appropriate.
* Monitor and review to ensure all actions have been properly documented with regards to any alert processing investigation.
* Whilst effectively managing, identifying, mitigating and escalating Sanctions risk within Asia pacific in a proactive and continuous manner
* Whilst effectively supporting all change activity in relation to the Sanctions CoE and general Sanctions updates
* Ensure that all alerts that are subject to Customer screening are completed within SLA with agreed quality.
* Where identified, escalate Sanctions issues in the appropriate manner to the required escalation point
* Opine on Global Sanctions process improvements and support the Sanctions Team along with any day to day operational tasks including the production of monthly Management reports.
* Support any ad-hoc and special projects as directed by the Project Team or Senior Management.
* Stay at the forefront of key regulatory changes in relation to Sanctions to ensure proactive communication with the counterparts in region and implement appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes.
* Flexibility - willingness and ability to adapt to changes in procedure, responsibility, or assignment.