Data Analytics jobs may be located in a variety of areas within the Bank, they may be located in projects, dedicated data analytics teams or business unit BAU teams. Where these may be in teams or departments carrying out specialist work such as product sales or risk, the holder is expected to have expertise in the field. Data Analytics jobs may report to business managers or senior data professionals, or be accountable to a team or entire department. The principal accountability would be to generate customer lists and analytics to support campaign management, business activities, projects, product planning, sales activities, performance measurement, regulatory requests and decision making. The job will involve most or all of the following activities:
- Consult with stakeholders to determine data requirements.
- Generate data from relevant systems as well as external sources.
- Participation on the design and delivery of campaign management
- Conduct analysis to detect trends and anomalies
- Suggest remedial actions or escalate detections which give cause for concern
- Share information with stakeholders in suitable forms, these may be charts, tables or templates
- Participate in forums, meetings or events to interpret data and support decision making