Senior Azure Data Engineer
Hybrid (2/3 on site - London)
6 Months (with view for extension)
Start Date: ASAP
This role is appropriate for a Senior Azure Data Engineer, capable of taking ownership and a delivering a subsection of the wider data platform. The senior engineer will be very hands on in delivery but will also interface with other areas of the business to unlock new integration's patterns.
We realise that our data is a significant business differentiate and plays a pivotal role in achieving our sustainable growth ambitions.
We're looking to further adopt approaches to how we utilise data to interact with and service our customers effectively.
- Designing, implementing and using different database structures with particular focus on cloud based data services such as Azure, Databricks
- Strong SQL, Python and Azure data platform experience ADF, Azure Synapse
- Proven data transformation and ETL experience
- Prior programming skills in any language ideally Pyspark, Python
- Building relationships within the business and understanding our decision making processes
- Supporting the wider data team through sharing knowledge and offering support, guidance and coaching skills
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Experience of operating within Lloyd's of London, Financial Services or Insurance sector is desirable
- Azure Cloud platform experience or other cloud technologies, ideally Azure
- Adaptable - ideally with experience working in a large matrix organisation, delivering in both traditional fast path Waterfall and Agile methods