Oliver James is working with a global insurance organisation that is looking to hire an AVP of Workers Compensation Claims. This is a leadership role and you will be responsible for managing up to 5 workers compensation claims adjusters, to ensure team development and an excellent claims service at all times. You will be providing technical oversight for your team and be the lead internal contact for third party administrators they partner with. A strong background in claims leadership required, along with 10+ years in complex workers compensation claims. You will lead technical and operational strategy for your claims team.
Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- Extensive leadership experience within workers compensation claims - 7+ years
- Extensive technical experience within workers compensation claims (including large loss/litigated cases)
- Experience managing TPA relationships and involvement in TPA strategy
- The ability to work closely with senior leadership on claims strategy and process improvement
- Previous leadership experience within an insurance carrier environment - essential
- Excellent knowledge of all related policy wording and regulations within workers compensation
- Highly experienced within litigation and complex coverage analysis
- Adjuster License in multiple states- highly beneficial
This role can be fully remote (EST states only), with an excellent salary of $150,000 base plus bonus and benefits. The role also has a strong route of progression to VP and other senior leadership positions.