AVP Technical Business Analyst
This technical business analyst will join the front office technology team, responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for Investment Professionals (Portfolio Managers and Research analysts) as well as Sales, Marketing, Client Reporting departments and other client-facing professionals.
The firm is investing heavily in ESG-related capabilities. This role was created within the application development group to focus on this area, specifically around investment research related systems and reports. The technical business analyst will meet with stakeholders to understand the existing investment research process and work with stakeholders to elicit requirements, develop a deep understanding of internal and vendor data (using SQL, Tableau, etc..), work closely with the development team/lead, test software, and provide additional support for production ESG processes.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn or expand your knowledge of ESG data and its usage.
The technical business analyst is responsible for being the subject matter expert for a number of internal systems and analyzing new and existing software development efforts.
- Ability to perform analysis and research of the system/data using SQL, TFS, Confluence etc.
- Identify stakeholders or project sponsors and work with them to identify scope and vision
- Elicits, analyzes, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users.
- Conducts interviews to gather requirements via workshops, surveys, use cases, and scenarios
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Works closely with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Translates the business requirements into business requirements documents, Functional specifications document, data models etc.
- Assists the development team with documenting the as-Is and future states of the system
- 5+ years of proven business analysis experience in asset management or related industry
- Ability to work independently or as directed by team members
- Experience with SQL and navigating databases is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with varied audiences
- Experience with the software development process including writing specifications, business requirements, functional requirements, etc.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience with or interest in the following technologies: Salesforce, Tableau, Vermilion Reporting System, SQL Reporting Services, JIRA/Confluence/TFS, or similar
- Experience with ESG related data or frameworks (not required)
- Experience with agile development practices
- Programming background with Microsoft technologies, or scripting languages
Advanced database query skills using Oracle and/or SQL Server