A leading specialty life insurer operating across the US, is seeking an AVP of Investment Accountant to join their growing team. This global client is privately held with over $30B in AUM and backed by a major fortune 500 private equity company (competitor of Blackstone, Brookfield and Apollo).
Their business model prioritizes collaboration, open communication and career growth. This is an exciting opportunity to join a department that is going through a transformative, value enhancing, and growing team.
Job Title: AVP of Investment Accounting
Report to: Head of Investment Accounting
Location: Jersey City, NJ OR Nashville, TN
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- GAAP and STAT reporting for investments including NAIC annual and quarterly statements
- Participate in monthly settlement calls and analysis of investment portfolio movements
- Support SOX testing of controls across investment accounting
- Assist in the implementation of MAR
- Manage and review the analysis and footnote disclosures relating to investments
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years' accounting experience with 2+ years in investments
- Experience in the insurance industry a must
- Possess strong research, communication and analytical skills.
- Experience using Clearwater or another equivalent platform desired
Salary: $140K base - $180K base + bonus
Be an integral part of this growing team!