Oliver James is working with one of the globe's leading insurance company based in Hong Kong who are well-known for their strong business performance and forward thinking mindset in driving transformation. We are currently working with them for a Director, Project Management (Digital) to look after projects across the channels (Distribution, Customer, Marketing & Operations).
About the role:
- Be responsible for development and implementation of the digital tool for the assigned country in the Region for Delivery Services projects. This includes ensuring the Projects are delivered with a focus on scope, quality and timeliness Maintain the overall detailed delivery schedule, critical path and report on risks and issues in a regular manner
- Lead, motivate and develop the project team members and collaborate with other teams on joint initiatives
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Be responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/System, Business Administration, Project Management or closely related field
- Minimum 7 years of solid experience of project management or in delivery role; preferably in Financial Services or Insurance sectors
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Agile
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite
- Must have proven experience in identifying project risks and issues and making effective decisions/engaging project team members to develop risk mitigation/avoidance plans.
- Comfortable dealing with third-party vendors
- Ability to foster and build relationships, engage and influence others, work with diverse internal, global business units and global network providers/outsourcers
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity