A leading life insurer operating across the US, is seeking an AVP of Accounting Policy to join their growing team.
With their high M&A model, this insurance company buys up smaller insurance companies and (through economics of scale) create exponential return from their investment strategy. It's a highly niche area of insurance and given the companies backing by a major private equity they anticipate lots of future growth. Given the growth trajectory there is a strong demand to hire top talent. This is an exciting opportunity to join a department that is going through a transformative, value enhancing, and integrating team.
Location: Fully Remote
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Research, assess and document the U.S. GAAP accounting implications for significant or unusual
- Collaborate cross functionally to support the development of the Company's Accounting Policies
- Provide advice regarding GAAP accounting policy implications to support corporate development, merger and acquisitions, and reinsurance transactions
- Monitor developments and changes to U.S. GAAP guidance and SEC regulations.
- Support the implementation of new and/or amendments
- Contribute to the design of financial processes and controls
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA required
- Experience in the insurance industry or financial services
- Possess strong research, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to keep updated on new developments in GAAP and SEC regulations
Be an integral part of this growing team!