International Company Seeks Experienced GL-Accountant
We are a global leader in the production of sustainable natural ingredients derived from both edible and inedible organic waste streams. As pioneers in repurposing, we operate in over 200 locations across five continents, serving various industries such as food, feed, pet food, fuel, and more.
Join our team and become part of an ambitious organisation with an open corporate culture and an informal work atmosphere. If you are driven to make a significant impact on the development and growth of a company, consider this exciting career opportunity.
As a GL-Accountant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Controller in controlling and analyzing the Planning & Control cycle, recording financial transactions, and conducting other analyses. This position requires compliance with laws and regulations, as well as gaining insight into the financial state of Darling's operational companies. You will be an integral part of the shared service center of our organization in the Netherlands, reporting to the manager of the shared service center.
- Accounting for periodic financial figures with a detailed specification of P&L and balance sheet.
- Ensuring timely period, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Maintaining the quality of processes/bookings in General Ledger Reporting.
- Preparing reports, difference analyses, and flow of goods reports, while identifying and monitoring developments.
- Ensuring SOX compliance through the execution of SOX controls.
- Identifying and advising on proper AO-/IC setup and compliance with laws and regulations in accordance with US-GAAP and tax authorities.
- Assisting in various parts of the planning & control process.
- Collecting, editing, and arranging data, compiling them into various weekly statements.
- Observing and advising on the use of available resources through effective financial reporting.
- Identifying faults and deviations, resolving difficulties, and reporting them to the supervisor.
- Providing advice on improvements in the financial work area.
- A completed college education with an economic or administrative background (HEAO).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work accurately and in a structured manner.
- Experience with Planning & Control processes.
- Knowledge of/affinity with ERP systems (Oracle JDE Edwards), HFM, ISP, and SOX is a plus.
- Flexibility and a proactive approach with no 9-to-5 mentality.
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a common goal in mind.
- Proficient in both Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
What We Offer:
- Work in a people-oriented, open, and dynamic culture with strong personal development opportunities.
- Development of personal skills and knowledge through a broad range of tasks.
- Education and training programs relevant to your continuous development.
- Market-based primary and secondary benefits.
If you are ready to take on this challenging role and contribute to the success of our global organization, we invite you to apply. Join us on this exciting journey where your skills and dedication will make a difference.
- Career opportunities with the largest companies in the Netherlands
- We search for specific jobs that fit your needs
- We discuss your personal ambitions
- Performance coach trough Oliver James
- Training budget
- Annual salary based on experience
- Bonus component
- NS business card or reimbursement of travel expenses