Responsible for UK & ROW Credit Control including:
- Assisting Senior Credit Manager with day to day managing of the credit control team.
- Daily credit control technical processing.
- Active management of aged debts, unallocated cash, internal and external queries.
- Continuous improvement of the credit control function.
- UK & Europe Service Provision.
Daily oversight of a team of credit control technicians;
- Supporting Senior Credit Control Manager to deliver best in class team and results.
- Leading a team of 5-8 Credit Controllers / Cash Allocators.
- Overseeing the teams daily activity, ensuring that best practice is understood and followed.
- Organising regular catch ups with the team and key stakeholders.
- Understand monthly reporting requirements and own their timely / accurate production.
- Assisting in executing Senior Managements vision for change and process improvements within the respective teams / department.
Daily credit control technical processing;
- Ensuring pro-active, best practice credit control processes are implemented and followed ensuring overdue debt is kept to a minimum.
- Weekly ledger reviews and reporting.
- Review of credit and debit matching and action to clear.
- Query level monitoring and supporting resolution.
Monthly bank reconciliations;
- Ensuring monies paid into incorrect bank accounts are transferred to the correct location and allocations and reconciliations completed.
Monthly management, metrics, controls & trending reporting;
- Preparation and issuance of broker statements.
- Preparation and issuance of monthly Broker Brokerage Remittances.
- Management, tracking and oversight of cancellation process.
- Management and oversight of Direct Debit payment methods (BACS and SEPA).
- Collation and issuance to Finance on the monthly status of all aged debt balances by Broker and entity.
- Effectively communicate and report progress and escalate issues as required to senior management.
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that credit control processes operate smoothly, efficiently and in line with internal service level.
- Reviewing internal credit control processes and procedures, making recommendations for process efficiencies, and supporting any implementations.
Active management of aged debts, unallocated cash, internal and external queries.
- Liaison with underwriters, Claims and Finance staff as appropriate to resolve account queries.
- Managing internal / external payment queries and escalating as appropriate to ensure service levels are met.
- Provide a professional service to brokers and other external partners in all interactions.
Continuous improvement of the credit control function.
- Ensure appropriate standards are established and complied with.
- Utilise business knowledge and understanding of credit control processes to propose improvements and enhancements as appropriate and liaise with Senior Credit Control Managers as required.
- Support new functionality User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as required.
Education and Qualifications
- At least 5 years in team leader or Assistant Credit Manager Position
- General accounting knowledge.
- CICM qualified
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate.
- Meticulous, analytical, strong attention to detail.
- Able to handle large amounts of data whilst maintaining accuracy and quality
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise.
- The ability to manage a team (internal)
- Strong communicator, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and use problem solving skills to proactively resolve issues.
- Positive "Can do" attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Computer skills - good working knowledge of MS Office service suite.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working in credit control - Essential.
- Previous experience of working in a Lloyds/general insurance environment -Desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of Xchanging processes - advantageous
- Experience of managing a team.
- Familiar with accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- CICM qualified - Desirable