We are currently looking for a Procurement lead to drive Indirect Procurement Transformation for a leading Insurance firm based in London, ideally for 6-9 months. Going through a new system integration, we are looking for candidates with strong Ariba procurement experience. Ideally someone who can up skill the current business on how to optimise the use of this system effectively, as well as support wider procurement activities within the group
Additional coverage can include:
- Finding vendors for our day-to-day supplies to keep our operations running
- Ensure that the right source of supply is obtain at the best price
- Negotiating commercial terms (price, term of payment, insurances, liabilities) prior to the business signing in conjunction with the legal team
- Help establish and maintain a purchasing budget with departments
- Handle all vendor enquires regarding new business
- Creating purchase order and also be responsible for expediting orders to vendors whilst ensuring that all orders placed with vendors are accurate and meet customer requirements
- Tracking orders
- Ensuring on-time deliveries
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from our vendor portfolio, including:
- Undertaking vendor improvement plans where performance issues are identified
- To review and formalise current supplier terms and conditions, including credit limits payment and warranty terms. Ensure all departments are aware of terms where applicable
- Enhance or develop new, purchasing processes to ensure TCO is maximised through use of RFQs and tenders
Project management: Procurement generalist often manage multiple projects at one time. The ability to plan, delegate and evaluate progress toward goals is necessary for managing these projects.
Negotiation: Procurement generalist are in charge of negotiating vendor commercial terms in contracts, so they must understand price points and be able to negotiate effectively.