My client is looking for an ALM professional in the Country Banking Risk team of the Financial Risk department.
Mission & Dimensions
The Financial Risk department is a head office function to set and control financial risk strategy across the organization.. The department provides strategic guidance on financial risks (Interest Rate, Capital, Treasury, Liquidity, Trading and Balance Sheet), safeguards regulatory compliance, and acts as risk manager for the Global Treasury.
The Country Banking Risk team is responsible for the Financial Risk monitoring of worldwide locations by executing global functional steering, maintaining oversight and coordination. Additionally, Country Banking Risk Management team is model owner for behavioural and replication models used for measuring and managing interest rate and liquidity risks in the commercial books such as for mortgage prepayments and savings modelling and their replication.
Main activities of the team include:
- Supporting and challenging locations worldwide;
- Performing country reviews, periodic asset and liability reviews;
- Model Lifecycle Management and parameter reviews;
- Monitoring alignment to financial risk standards;
- Liaising between location and head office in case of unexpected events;
- Review of risk and control self-assessments;
- Risk Appetite monitoring.
The key activities for the Financial Risk Manager role are:
- Monitoring financial risks;
- Portfolio risk monitoring and analysis;
- Coordinate, challenge & perform financial risk analysis and assessment;
- Global oversight and coordination of Financial Risks within the Bank;
- Performing periodic asset and liability reviews;
- Prepare advice on management of financial risk;
- Support Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring;
- Participation in (change) projects;
- Support design and roll-out of risk frameworks throughout the bank;
- Propose principles & minimum standards for Financial Risk;
- Maintain close relationships with offices worldwide.
Work experience & skills required
- 3 to 9 years knowledge in risk management and/or financial products;
- Fluent in English;
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or Quantitative specialization;
- Working with presentations, ability to present complex content in a easy and transparent way;
Personal qualities & behavioural traits;
- Strong analytical skills (breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces);
- Good communication skills;
- Able to identify problems;
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner;
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments;
- Decisive and resilient;
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations;
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player;
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.