For a large bank in the Netherlands, we are looking for an Accounting professional to strengthen the team. As an Accounting Professional you will be responsible for the month end closing activities and ensure that required improvements in processes and controls are implemented
In your role you will work closely with your colleagues within the Procure to Pay (P2P) and General Accounting (GA) department with the aim of improving the processes and the period closings. Furthermore, you will steer on timely and accurate delivery of information by internal and external parties. You are also actively involved in the period closings by making analysis to explain the balance and P&L changes to ABF's management. Finally, you are responsible for the coaching of (junior) accounting professionals.
You have an active role in maintaining the internal control environment. The bank uses an internal control environment in which it is important that the key controls are maintained. It is also important that the associated work instructions (SOPs) are up to date and that the End User Designed Applications (EUDAs) are used in a controlled manner.
Within ABF we are always looking for improvement and continuously learn from our experiences. Various projects are being carried out within the Finance department, such as the centralization of accounting processes. You will be involved in the evolution of processes, both by implementing small improvements and finishing bigger projects.
- Master degree in Accounting & Control, Economics and/or Business Administration (or international equivalent)
- 4-5 year experience within a finance / accounting role
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting and related processes
- Solid experience with general ledger (preferably SAP) systems
- Experience with coaching (junior) accounting professionals
- Speaks Dutch and/or English. German would be an advantage
- Analytically strong, helicopter view and good communication skills
ABF is centralizing work from Germany towards NL. The main working location will be Utrecht. However, it is necessary that a candidate is willing to travel to Cologne, Germany
Does this sound like the perfect new role for you? Please apply!