Accounting Operations Lead France
Oliver James is currently recruiting an Accounting Operations Lead France to join a multinational insurer/broker company - in Paris.
The primary purpose of the role is to take responsibility for ledger maintenance and other financial operations of the French branch. The Accounting Lead will report directly to the Finance Manager in France and will be part of a multi- national Finance team.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver timely, accurate, complete compliant monthly closing of actuals and supporting documentation;
- Maintain day to day accounting records, including substantiation and audit files
- Perform analytical review and explanation of movements in P&L and balances in B/S accounts.
- Operate effective financial processes & internal controls.
- Oversee day-to-day teams' operation and performance to enable achieving goals
- Manage the relationship and the performance of third party accounting services providers
- Maintain and develop close relationships with all areas in Finance and Business involved in the creation, supply or receipt of financial services.
- Support the transition to IFRS17
- Support the implementation of a new underwriting system.
They are looking for an expert with 10 years + experience + a technical accounting knowledge (IFRS, domestic GAAP etc), an understanding of financial accounting systems, fluent in French and English.
You will join a big team operating in France but also in Europe - which offers great career progression and possibility to manage a full team in the short term. The business offers a competitive salary and benefits. A perfect time to join the team!