One of America's largest commercial lines property casualty insurance providers is looking to add an Accounting Manager to their diverse team of professionals. The parent company is a Fortune 500 company that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is part of the S&P 500. Due to the growth they're experiencing, they've created a new position that will report directly to the CFO. Excellent opportunity to learn from some of the best insurance accountants in the area and expand your skillset within a collaborative work environment.
- Overseeing ledger management for all entities in scope (incl. Investment valuations and data processing, reclassifications, intercompany settlements, approving local statutory, adjustments balance sheet substantiation / reconciliations & bank reconciliations)
- Closing all periods, roll forward of results at period end close, posting and approval of late adjustments.
- Production of standard Reporting packs for FP&A Local reporting teams
- Run US GAAP Allocations processes for the group
- Ensures integrity and quality of data output to other teams (both Finance and non-Finance teams)
- Produces first-pass reporting for all statutory and regulatory reporting to be passed onto CAO / FP&A teams for finalization where appropriate
- Flexibly accommodates changing Operations team objectives and tasks to meet BAU demand, highlighting and remediating potential resourcing or capacity issues
- Works with Finance Change resources, providing accounting oversight on BAU processes where support is required
- Ensure compliance with relevant US or international statutory and regulatory obligations, including but not limited to obligations related to prudent business management, customer interests, sanctions, financial crime rules, regulatory requirements, and local licensing restrictions. Adhere to the Group's whistleblowing procedures.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of external (GAAP & Statutory) and internal reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in data analysis and risk management.
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with team members.
- Proactive mindset to enhance local and functional processes.
- Experience managing a team.
- FP&A background preferred
Now is your opportunity to join this rapidly growing team and accelerate your career!
For inquiries, please contact Megan.Vogler@oliverjames.com